I’m Chris Watson and I’d like to welcome you to my site PeakSherpa.com
This is my personal site where I’ll get to indulge my love of the outdoors, nature, and especially paddling, hiking, and of course a wee bit of food along the way.
I’ll hopefully give you a little nudge to get outside and have your own #MicroAdventure and benefit from some real outdoor #AdventureTherapy.
Paddle Longer, Hike Further, and Eat Some Good Food on the way.
What’s The Site About?
My goal for this site is to document my own micro-adventures and encourage you to do the same, get outside more often too, step away from the screen, and enjoy the outdoors. Go find some #MicroAdventures & #AdventureTherapy.
Dare I even broach the subject of Mental Health? With less stigma towards mental health these days (which is a great thing!) I really believe that by getting outdoors more often, crafting some fun and exciting days (or even hours) outside will have a noticeable improvement on your health – plus you’ll have some fun thrown into the mix!
So, by documenting and sharing my own trips, musings, and guides (of sorts), I hope to go some ways to help inspire you to do the same, to find your own Micro Adventures, all of which can be very close to home AND without the endless faff, planning, and equipment needs.
Even with a family and wildly demanding day job – you can still find the time, and I will show you how i do just that
Let’s detach from the humdrum of the always-on lifestyle, the daily grind, and breathe a little more adventure into life.
I have learned so much from others that are doing the same, and I want to continue to pay it forward too – encourage you to do the same – as they have done for me – and have some fun along the way.
Please do take some action and go do the same, go put your own spin on things, and go have your own #MicroAdventures, document and share it, with friends, family, and the wider web.
A Word About My Content
- The content on this site is made up of a mix of photos, videos, written information articles & Trip Guides.
- Almost every photo and certainly all video content is unique to PeakSherpa.com. Where content is branded with PeakSherpa.com then it has been shot, edited, and published by me. We only ever use stock photos when we haven’t had time to go shoot something unique to the point of reference in our content. We’ll usually circle back and edit posts when we have got around to shooting unique photos – so do check back.
- As for Trip Guides or Product information – these are all unique and written and edited by me directly. Like many of the photos and videos, they are my own personal experiences.
- For information articles however I do use a team of freelance writers where all content is researched me, outlines created, and then edited before I publish – just to ensure it meets my quality standards
- I am always open to feedback and would love to hear what you think
- AND if you happen to share any of my stuff then do the honorable thing, link back, and cite me and my site as the reference.
This blog is my own way sort of accountability tracker too. Too long have I mused and pondered endlessly overdoing specific outdoor trips, and I’m going to start ticking those items off and documenting along the way.
Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul
Getting In Touch
Creator & Rambler at PeakSherpa.com